It's been a pertty good week. We saw some good things happen. And
the weather has been delicious. It really feels like summer. Tuesday
was crazy. I think it was the record hottest day the Twin cities has
seen in a long time. It was 103 degrees. That's different than the
110 that Utah gets sometimes but when you add in the Humidity it feel
like death on a stick. It was awesome but really hot. The funniest
part was hearing everyone complain about it the next couple days
after. Minnesotans love to talk about their weather and they are very
dramatic about it. It's hilarious. But seriously, I think I could
have an hour long conversation with a Minnesotan if I wanted to. So
funny.
Good news! It looks like __________ is actually going to get
baptized! So awesome. She had her baptisimal interview on friday and
she passed. Funny story about that actually. The district leader
came to our church to do the interview and we went on a miniature
exchange afterwards so the DL's companion and I left while the
interview was going on and went tracting and Elder Hirschi stayed
behind. After the interview, I was still out tracting and so Elder
Hirschi, the District Leader and __________ came up with this wicked
plot to pull a prank on me. They all pretended like she didn't pass
the interview. So I went throughout the whole day thinking her
baptism wasn't going to happen anymore and it wasn't until later that
night that Elder Hirschi told me that it was all a joke. What a
punk! But it was hilarious. They did a good job making it seem
real. I was laughing pretty hard after I found out. And, oh my
goodness, you should have heard her after the prank was all done. She
was laughing her head off when I called her on the phone later that
night. It was hilarious how much enjoyment she got out of it. So I'm
glad I could provide her with a little happiness. Ha ha. Anyway, the
baptism is scheduled for this saturday! I'm pretty pumped. This
baptism is going to be a neat experience.
The baptism is exciting news, but as for most of our other
investigators we don't quite know what to do. Dispite all of our
efforts, the ______ family and _______ all didn't come to church
AGAIN. So we are thinking we're just going to have to drop them for
now. It is time to find new investigators who will actually
progress. Right now just isn't the right time I guess and
missionaries can try again in the future.
Last Monday we were tracting and talked to this Hindu family that said
we could come back. We talked to her about how families can be
together forever and that interested the mom. So we went back and
taught them on saturday and had a pretty good lesson with them. We
gave them a Book of Mormon and they said they'd read it. It was
interesting because both parents grew up in India and then came here
later. But the mom actually went to a catholic school in India.
Because of that she is pretty familiar with the Bible and
Christianity. The dad is not as religious. But they have really good
potential. The biggest problem we find with Hindu people is that they
are so open about religion that they are too open. And so they will
accept and agree with everything that you teach but it is impossible
to get them to realize that they need to do something about it. We
were excited about this family though because they were a little more
willing to learn. We'll see what the future holds.
We have been doing extra amounts of tracting and other finding stuff
this week because we really are trying to find new investigators that
we can start working with. So many of the people we've been working
with will only let us help them to a certain point and then they wont
do anything else. And that is when you have to move on. So hopefully
some people will come out of their hiding places for us to find,
teach, and baptize them! Yay
We also got back into contact with ____________ again. She fell of
the planet for a week or two and finally we got back in contact with
her and hopefully we'll be able to meet with her today. She has a lot
of things to get done before she is ready to get baptized but
hopefully we can help her move along swiftly.
Saturday was kinda cool because we had gotten a referral from a member
of the ward a few days before. She just told us to go over and offer
this couple some service. So we went over on saturday and it was the
perfect timing. The husband was just about to start mowing his lawn
and we ran up and talked to him for a bit. We offered some help and
he was kinda excited and gave us some jobs to do. It was fun to help
out in the yard for a little bit. Unfortunately it didn't turn into a
teaching opportunity yet. Maybe someday. The couple was very cool
and we had a good time. They just aren't religious. So someday when
they realize they need religion then hopefully they'll remember us.
So things are going pretty good. At this point we're sort of erasing
the chalk board and starting over regarding the people we work with.
Hopefully we'll see some miracles! We see them everyday. That is for
sure.
Happy summer! I love hearing from you and reading your emails. I
hope MJ have fun at Engineering State. Tell them to not let all of
the geeks ruin the dance. They can make it fun! They should have a
good time.
Parents: I hope you have a very happy anniversary. 22 years! Talk
about awesome. Thanks for being the best parents ever! And have fun
at Antelope Island. That sounds way fun.
Much love!
-Elder Ruesch