October 4, 2011

October 3, 2011

Hey hey hey! It's been another great week in the good ol' Dinkytown. Conference was the bomb.com. I loved it so much! It was broadcast right in the institute building so we got to watch it there. ___________came to the Sunday morning session and it was super duper great! He got blasted by the spirit. All I gotta say is you can definitely put your money on the Prophet. Also, Elder Callister's talk about the Book of Mormon was so bold and so perfect for him to hear. Gosh, I love this church. He still wants more time to be absolutely positive on his answer though. We are doing all we can to help him realize it. He is really close. I'm glad he's taking this so seriously though and not just getting dunked at the first good feeling he had. This is an important choice and you need to make sure it's right.

We also had two other investigators come to conference! We have an investigator that President Clements actually talked to and referred to us. He is an awesome kid and has hardly no concept of religion and who Jesus Christ is an so forth. We've been teaching him since we got here and he is progressing really well. He's awesome. The other investigator was incredibly impressed by conference and I know that the spirit totally hit him.

We have another really great investigator that unfortunately didn't make it to conference but he is reading in the Book of Mormon. We taught him the Plan of Salvation last week and it went pretty well. I think he really liked it. We invited him to be baptized and he said he never has been baptized and was wondering what it consisted of and so forth. The part that stunk was we were way low on time and he had to run to class. We'll talk about it next time when the spirit is strong again. Hopefully we can get him to commit to a date.

We've also found a few new investigators and we talked to a super solid kid on the street yesterday. He has awesome potential. I think that October is going to be a very prosperous month. The Lord has blessed us a ton. It's so nice to be busy with the work. Things are going really well.

The weather has warmed up a little bit. It is 80 degrees today. I like the 60 degree weather better. But i'm not complaining because the days have been beautiful. I guess I should count my blessings before it is -20 degrees. I'm still loving everything. The work is still the same. I don't have much new stuff to report. Just that conference was amazing. I really enjoyed it a lot. It is so nice to hear the words of the prophet every 6 months. It has become my favorite weekend of the year. So good!

I also went on another exchange this week. I went to the family ward that covers downtown Minneapolis again. That was fun. It is amazing how different every area is. We went to the ghetto in North Minne and talked to all the people up there. It's always an adventure. Everyone there always says yes you can come back because they are the type of people that don't know how to say no. And then they just avoid us when we do come back. It's annoying. Good times in the ghetto. It's pretty fun. I just hope I don't serve there. Ha ha. But now that I say that I probably will serve there. Who knows. I guess then that way I would get all ends of the spectrum. Serve in the land of the wealthy in Plymouth and then in the ghetto of Minneapolis. The funny thing though is that Minneapolis is such a clean, nice city that the ghetto really isn't that ghetto. It's just kinda ghetto. Anyway, moving on.

Well I hope that you guys all had a fantastic conference weekend! Best of luck to MJ this week at the Shakespeare competition! That is super exciting! And Michael, don't get TOO worked up about your scene. Work hard and it will all come together. When it comes to drama, everything doesn't finally click until the last day. Ha ha. You're going to dominate. I'm excited to hear how it goes!

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Ruesch