January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012

What a delicious week it has been! School finally started and we
suddenly are getting extra busy. When all the student's went home we
had to totally build up our investigator pool again and so now that
the students are back, we have like twice the number of people we are
working with.

The week ended amazing with the baptism of _____________! He is such
an awesome kid and the baptism went really well. It was awesome! He
had no troubles for the week leading up to the baptism and he was just
as happy as can be on Saturday. He prepared himself well and has a
strong testimony. The great thing was that his parents even showed
up! I was surprised when he called us the morning of the baptism and
told us they were planning on coming. They were both pretty tense at
the beginning and you could tell that they felt uncomfortable. But by
the end of the program I think that they relaxed a little bit. The
spirit was very strong the whole time and it would be hard not to feel
it. And fortunately, President Clements came to the baptism too and
so after it was done and everyone was mingling he went over and talked
to __________'s parents and had a really great conversation with
them. I was the lucky one that got to baptize him and it was just an
awesome day! He also bore his testimony at the end of the program and
it was really powerful. That was awesome!

______________ is doing really well too! She came to ____________'s
baptism and also had a great conversation with President. She had a
few concerns and talked about them with President and she felt a lot
better about her own baptism after that. It's gonna be great! She is
so funny and we have had some great lessons with her. She passed her
baptismal interview and is ready to go for her baptism this Saturday.
Yesterday after church we helped her edit her essays for her
application to BYU. Ha ha. It was great. She really wants to be
accepted. And I am almost certain that she will be. She is pretty
dang smart and the essays were really good. Also, she asked Elder
Neeley to baptize her so that will be exciting!

Things are pretty much the same and are going great. ______________
is still set to be baptized on Feb 4th. She is really looking forward
to that day. She is doing really good and has developed a powerful
testimony really quickly. She is going to be getting baptized just as
quick as the ____________'s were. Pretty cool!

I'm trying to move as quick as I can because we have to cut our P-Day
a little short today. The Bishop has been asked to give a
presentation to some religious group that had been studying about all
sorts of religions. Recently, they are studying Mormons. So Bishop
asked us to come along and help with the presentation. I'm looking
forward to seeing how it goes. It should be cool.

Funny story that I must tell. Friday night we had to run over to the
church building to get the baptismal suits and randomly there was some
sort of birthday party going. They had music playing through the
sound system in the gym and it was really loud so we could hear the
music. While we were there several songs played and I didn't
recognize one of them! Elder Neeley knew them and I didn't know any.
Goodness! It's amazing how much you miss in just a year. I thought
it was pretty funny though. I don't think I have missed too much
though because all the songs were pretty dumb. Ha ha. The missionary
life is just the best!

Oh yeah! _____________ is still set for her baptism on Feb 18th too.
She has a lot that we still need to teach her but we are hoping to
have her ready by that day! We can do it!

We've got a crazy schedule this week. There is SOO much going on. It
will probably be the craziest week of my mission so far. I am really
excited! Hopefully we will have time to breathe. I am so excited for
all of the things that are going on. The Lord has been blessing us
like crazy. I think it is Elder Neeley's faith. :) He is an awesome
missionary. I'm excited to let you know next week about how awesome
our week was!

Love you!

Elder Ruesch