look back and it blows my mind how fast the last week was but also how
many things happened. This week had an extra dose of crazy compared
to most weeks.
First off, benefits of serving in Minnesota! General Mills head
quarters is here and so many people work there in the church. Over
the course of my mission I've gotten tons of free cereal. But this
week a girl in the ward gave us three boxes of toaster strudel! Talk
about delicious. I was really excited about that and so I thought I
would let you all know.
On to things that are more connected with missionary work. Both of
our investigators are doing pretty well. ________ was set to be
baptized this Saturday but we talked to her and pushed it back a
week. She is progressing really well and living all of the
commandments. We just want to be sure she is really solid in her faith.
Our other investigator that is scheduled for baptism next week is
doing really well too. I've been teaching him for a LONG time and
over the last 3 or so weeks he has progressed so much. It's really
amazing! He made it to church again which is great. These people are
just crazy because they all take like 20 credits or more for school
and they never sleep! It's craziness. But somehow they do it and get
all A's.
Now here is the crazy news. On Saturday, President Clements called us
and told us that a sister in another area was sick and has to go home
and so he is going to move the sisters in this ward out to be with the
companion of the sister who had to go home. So we now have to take
all of the sisters people that they are teaching on top of our own
people. It's insane! President said that it is a temporary thing and
that hopefully when the transfer comes in two weeks he will be able to
move sisters back in to this ward. But for now, we're going to die.
We've been trying really hard to work out our schedules well. It had
been an adventure but it should work out fine I think.
This Saturday is going to be amazing. The ward is doing a temple
baptisms trip and all 5 of the recent converts are going to be going.
So we got permission to go! Yay! It is going to be really neat. So
because we are going to the temple that day, we had to make saturday
our p-day. So expect next weeks email on saturday.
Another cool thing that happened in church. _______ blessed the
sacrament for the first time yesterday! Woot woot! That was really
cool. As expected, he made a mistake the first time and had to say it
twice. I think everyone does that. But it was great! He's just on
fire right now. He is doing so well!
Xazmin tells me all the time about how her conversations that she has
with mom and michael. It's pretty hilarious. She thinks mikey-boy is
the coolest kid. And she is excited that he is excited about the
sciences. She is a freakin genius and is going to save the world
someday. So michael, make sure you stay in close touch with her and
learn lots from her! She knows what she's doing for sure.
The thing I love about this area is we have so much diversity among
the people we teach. We're teaching peeps from India, Uganda, and
China. And we've taught someone from Korea and hopefully will be
teaching a guy from Russia. The University tends to pull in people
from all over the place. It is quite excellent.
One more quick miracle. The Dinkytown missionaries have their own
email that they can use to get in touch with the students. And so we
got a random email from a girl who got our email from a friend and she
just wanted to learn about God. So we emailed her back a lot of
activities we have and stuff and yesterday she showed up at church!
It was cool and we have an appointment this week to meet with her.
Exciting!
And finally, I went on an exchange with the New Brighton missionaries
this week. And they took me over to visit the Cummings!! It was
awesome. They are the coolest family ever. I don't think I've ever
met cuter kids. They were hilarious! Ashley is going to have a dang
awesome new family. I am excited for her. I got a picture with them
and so I can email it to you. Fun fun!
Well, I love you guys so much! Life in Minnesota is super excellent.
It couldn't be better. And now we've got a date with the grocery store.
Love,
Elder Ruesch