Minnesota really exists! It really is awesome! Yesterday is snowed all day long. It was amazing! We woke up today with more than a foot of snow. Unfortunately, that made yesterday a crazy day. The snow caused the mission to do something we call "ground" the cars meaning no missionary is allowed to drive a mission car. If we want to go anywhere we have to ride with members. So we had a lot of hectic stuff but it worked out okay. The other funny thing is the whole mission set a goal for every team to have 3 investigators at church. We had all sorts of faith to see it happen. And then it just so happened that the huge storm came on the Sunday we set the goal. Ha ha. There must be opposition in all things right?
We had a miracle this week! I mentioned the 20 year old kid that is taking care of his grandparents last week. This week we stopped by him to see how he was doing. And he surprised us and told us he wants to be baptized! That was pretty awesome. We have some concerns however, he does have a sincere desire to follow Christ. We'll just make sure he is converted before the baptism happens. We set the date with him for Dec 29th!
The ward had their Christmas Party this week and it was super awesome! We had almost 30 Nepali people come to the party. Ha ha. And only one of them was a member. That was really cool. I love the Nepali people! They love parties. But they came and tried all sorts of food that they have never had and then watched us sing Christmas carols they never have heard. And they still had fun. That was super legit!
The ward itself had two baptisms this week. The English Elders had a baptism and the Karen Elders had a baptism. All in all it was just a great week!
I can't believe how fast things are going. By next week I will know if I am being transferred or not. And oddly enough I think that I will be. I have taught Elder Shrestha everything I know and now I think it is time for him to grow from another companion. That means I might spend my last transfer in a new area. Ha ha. We'll see what happens.
We spent all morning after study sledding and fighting in the snow. It was so fun! Elder Shrestha's first time sledding. It has been a glorious day. I love winter!
Well I need to run. Have a wonderful life my family!
Love,
Elder Ruesch