Howell I couldn't wait to hear from you guys what it was like. Sounds
like it was fantastic! Ah! I wish I could have been there!!! That
is so awesome that you met President and Sister Howell as well as
their kids who live in Plymouth. They rock. And Elder Farnsworth! I
wasn't expecting you to meet him. He lives in Arizona so I didn't
think he would come up. But now that I think of it, of course he
would. Who would miss it? It was super cool to hear that you met
him. That is too weird that he is home. Crazy kid. Well, what an
awesome experience.
Life is going pretty good. Still slow unfortunately. We've been
having a really hard time getting to meet with our investigator.
Winter is so much easier because no one leaves their house. But the
summer is rough. Every single appointment we had set up with an
investigator this week fell through. Not cool! It got to the point
where it was funny. Even our appointment with _________ on Saturday
night fell through and by the time that happened we just couldn't stop
laughing because it's been kind of ridiculous how much that happened.
Elder Gottfredson and I must smell bad or something. Who knows.
Not too many eventful things have happened though. Just the same ol'
missionary work. These last couple days were CRAZY humid. And
apparently this week it is supposed to get super hot. I might die.
They are talking about 100 degrees. Kill me now. I kind of like
humidity, but not when the temperature is 100 degrees. If you get an
email from me next week you will know that I survived. I'll just make
sure to carry a lot of water.
President Clements interview each of us in the zone on Thursday. That
was fun. He is a super cool guy. I already love him. He and his
wife are the sweetest people in the world. We're going to see lots of
great things happen in the mission!
We have had a few people come back onto the radar. As for
____________, his appointment fell through also but we did get to
talk with him and he said that he is kind of interested in our
religion. That is progress! He almost came to church. And he also
has been sharing the pamphlets and book of mormon we gave him with his
daughter. Apparently she likes it. I'm hoping we'll be able to teach
her too!
Like I said, nothing crazy exciting happened this week. The work is
moving forward and we're trying to find ways to get this area back on
fire. I saw so much success at the beginning of my mission that it is
hard to see things so slow. But I guess this is how regular
missionary work is. We can't always be super blessed right? I guess
so. Sadly. Ha ha.
Well I hope you have a happy birthday Ashley!! Thanks for being born!
It sounds like you guys are having a fun summer. Keep having fun!
We are working really hard and doing our very best. There is someone
that is ready just around the corner. I can feel it! Time to
baptize! We had a miraculous month of June in this mission and we
aren't letting our expectations down. This mission is amazing and I
am so grateful to be serving here. Minnesota is the best place in the
whole world. I never want to leave! If it only had mountains then it
would be perfect :)
Miss you guys! Thanks for being the best.
Much love,
Elder Ruesch
P.S. Oh yeah! One cool thing I forgot to mention last week. There
is a less active couple that Elder Farnsworth and I helped get back
into activity and they are doing great now. The husband got the
Aaronic Priesthood last sunday and he asked me to ordain him. It was
such a wonderful blessing! I was so grateful to be a part of it. A
super neat experience. The church is true.