on a bike ride with our Catholic friends. It took about 4 hours but
it was awesome! It was on a trail that used to be an abandoned
railroad track and they turned it into a paved bike trail. Super
awesome because that means it's totally flat! Word. We went about 42
miles and had lunch at the best hamburger joint in Minnesota called
Culvers. Good times! Unfortunately I will have to be more brief today.
We've had a pretty good week. Things are moving along. We were
finally able to have another lesson with _______. It's been 4 weeks
since we've had an appointment go through with her and this one
finally did. It was great! We took her on a tour of the Church. She
has never been to our church and so that is something we like to do so
that they are more familiar with the way the church is set up and how
the service goes. We talked with her and she wants to be baptized on
September 23rd still. Far away but closer than we think.
We had a cool opportunity this week. There is a guy in our ward who's
father was the producer of a new Joseph Smith movie. This movie was
not church produced but still super good. Apparently, some of the
bretheren in Salt Lake saw it and said it is the most accurate
depiction of Joseph Smith's story that they have seen. I think it is
called Joseph Smith and the Golden Plates or something like that.
Anyway, there was an activity where the guy in our ward was showing it
and we got to go watch it. It was really interesting! It was more
like a movie with all the drama and love story and everything but I
thought that it was really good. We tried to get some investigators
to come but none of them did and I am kinda glad because it is a movie
that would be good for members with a better knowlege of the church to
watch. Apparently this is the first of three movies. This movie only
covered the time period from when Joseph gets the plates to when the
BoM is printed. Cool stuff. If you ever hear about it and get the
chance to see it, do.
We are moving into a new house again this week. Ha ha. We are just
getting juggled around. It is kinda funny. We were supposed to move
this week but didn't have the chance, so we will this wednesday.
There is a road that I found called Morgan road. Awesome! So I
couldn't resist but to tract that street. It was most excellent. The
people there were SUPER rich and we obviously didn't have much success
but we did have a great conversation with one lady. And I took a
picture next to the street sign.
This has been a fun week because we had a competition in the zone
about who could get the most referrals and potential investigators.
It was interesting to watch but we had a really good time and it
helped push us to find more referrals. Referrals are very sparse in
the Plymouth ward but we are doing everything to find people to teach
in as many different ways as possible. It is hard but fun.
Another cool thing that is happening in the mission is this week the
AP's set a goal for the mission to invite 1000 people to be baptized.
Do you know how crazy that is?! And on top of that our zone set a
goal to have 1/3 of those invites. Crazy!!! Which means that this
week Elder Gottfredson and I need to invite 33 people to be baptized.
Ha ha. Isn't that nuts? I am so excited! It's going to be super
intense. We are going to have to adapt our teaching and the way we
talk to people on the street so that we can invite everyone to be
baptized. It is going to be really hard but I know the Lord will
provide a way.
I had to give a talk in Church on sunday. To be honest, we don't
think that I will survive the next transfer. I could very well be
transfered to a new area next week and so they asked me to speak. My
topic was fasting and it was just 5 minutes but it was a good
opportunity. I love the Plymouth ward! I don't want to leave. But
duty calls I guess. Who knows, maybe I will stay another transfer.
The lord works in Mysterious ways.
Can you believe that as of tomorrow I will officially have been on my
mission for 6 months? It blows be away! Time flies when you are
preaching the good word. 1/4 of my mission gone in a millisecond. I
can't believe it but it is also really exciting too! I feel
accomplished :)
That is cool to hear that you got an email from President and Sister
Clements. What awesome people! I just love their guts. I'm glad I
get to experience two mission presidents. There is room in my heart
for both of them. Ha ha. They really are such a wonderful family.
The beginning of this week was dang hot but by the end of the week it
had cooled down a bit and the last couple days have been beautiful.
Minnesota is the bomb!
It was weird not celebrating pioneer day and so I am glad that you
sent me that package. Thank you very much!! It's got the perfect
stuff in it. I also got a package from Ashley and it was awesome!
She gave me another tie to add variety to my life. Thanks so much
fam! You are the best.
I love and miss you guys! Thanks for all of your love and support.
Sorry my letter is shorter today.
Much love,
Elder Ruesch