Hello! This is so strange writting my email on a wednesday. At least I do get to email sometime this week. We went to the temple this morning as a zone. It was awesome. I loved it. It is very very refreshing to have the chance to go to the temple. The spirit is always so strong that it is cleansing.
About two weeks ago we were driving home and I thought to myself when we got to a certain area, "Hey, we've never tracted this before." So we went tracting there last week on two seperate days. We were knocking doors in the afternoon and there was a girl sitting on her porch reading her bible. She was probably in her early 20's. We started talking to her and she told us about how she just recently started to go to church again. We had a great chat with her and taught her the restoration. It was the right place at the right time and she told us she would love to come to our church. It was disappointing when she didn't come on sunday but we're trying to get back in contact with her. I fear that her family gave her anti-mormon stuff and pushed her away from the church. It's not cool. However, the seed is at least planted. I know that we were sent to that street for a reason.
Recently we've also gotten several referrals from mormon.org. It's awesome! Unfortunately, they usually are fake and people will refer their friends as a joke. But we went to contact a referral that we got for a guy in an apartment complex. He wasn't actually interested in learning like usual but we decided to knock doors in the complex. We ended up finding a person who said we could come back. pretty great. But that's not the good part. There is a member that lives in the same building and so we thought we'd stop by real quick and say hi while we were there. We knocked two different doors that we thought were the members apartment and neither of them were the right room but we talked to the people that answered anyway and both of them said we could come back. Ha ha. It was awesome. That doesnt usually happen. Way cool!
Zone conference was on monday and that was super great. My first one with president clements. It was very good. I really like zone conference. But you know what's scary? President wants to go out teaching with all the missionaries he possibly can and so he is going to come to an appointment with us next week and I'm really nervous! Ug. Oh well. His spirit will surely convert anyone. I'm sure it will be a great experience.
The weather has been AMAZING recently. The temperature has really been cooling down and it feels like fall time already. I love it. It feels a lot better. We did have a crazy storm yesterday though. That was cool. And today is beautiful again. It's great!
It sounds like the train ride home was ridiculous. That's pretty funnny. I'm glad to hear you are at least home safe!
MJ, you have retreat for chamber this week? That is fantastic! Let me know how it goes. Those were the good ol days.
I can't believe school is already starting again! They don't start here until after labor day. So everyone is getting in there last bit of partying. There is also this huge sail boat racing world championship going on over in the giant lake next to us. I'm excited to see it. It sounds really cool. Everyone here has some sort of a boat. It's hilarious and really awesome.
Well I love you guys and hope life is going good. Good luck in school!!
Love,
Elder Ruesch