only wednesday when I emailed last. But things have been good. Last
week had quite the struggle with appointments. Once again, it was one
of those weeks where everything just kept on not working out and
appointments fell through over and over again. Oh well. Life goes
on. I would say that that is probably the most frustrating part of
missioary work in minnesota, appointments falling through. That and
when people turn away from the gospel even when it's staring them
right in the face and they can see it. Those are the two hardest
things. But hey, they are the ones missing out, right?
To be honest, I don't know the specific reason why President kept me
in Plymouth. We still don't have a baptism coming up soon and we
haven't seen any crazy miracles. I do believe _____________ will be
baptized but her date isn't for another month. I'm hoping we didn't
do something wrong. But we are working hard and I'm just going to
trust the Lord that he knows why I'm still here. However, I have seen
___________ progress a lot in the last few weeks. It's been a slow
process but things are moving along. I first met her in March and it
has been all this time that I've been working with her. So maybe the
reason I am still here is to help her. I don't know. She's getting
really close to being ready for baptism.
We've been helping ___________ move this week too and it has been
quite the adventure. She is going from a 4 bedroom home to a 1
bedroom apartment. It was funny because she tried to pay us 100
dollars for helping her. She insisted on giving it too us so we took
it just to not offend her but there was no way I was accepting 100
bucks. So we snuck it back into her purse when she wasn't looking.
It was awesome.
That's pretty much it for the week. We're going to keep on seeing
some good stuff happen! I wish I didn't have to learn patience though
because it takes SO LONG for people to progress. Ug. Why doesn't
everyone just get baptized? Goodness.
Anyway, I love you guys! Hope that the start of school goes well and
everything else too. The weather here is freaking awesome. It
couldn't be better. Is it good over there? I still miss the mountains.
Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Ruesch