We had a pretty good week. It surely was an adventure. President
Clements actually came to our distric meeting. That was fun. We have
a small district - only us and one other team. So we only have 4
missionaries in our district meetings each week. It was really cool
to have president Clements come to ours. I don't know why he chose to
do it because he is so busy. But it was really fun! He is such an
awesome person. He has a lot of weight on his shoulders right now but
he is so inspired and is really moving this mission to do great
things. The other fun part about that day was after the meeting,
President wanted to come to an appointment with each of our
companionships. So he went with the other Elders first and was then
going to come to an appointment with us to a less active family. But
it turned out that he got stuck in rush hour traffic and was too far
away to come back. Ha ha. It was kinda funny. But it worked out well
because our appointment ended up falling through and he would have had
to just tract with us anyway.
As for investigators, we really don't have much. We are working on
it! Yesterday was awesome though. We were knocking doors in an
apartment complex and this young, awesome couple let us in. The
husband is very interested in Theology and he has read tons of stuff
about our church. Normally, that would be a pretty bad thing but he
was cool because he try's to find literature that is not bias for or
against the church. He just wants the facts. And so he isn't really
into all the Anti Mormon literature, although I'm sure he's read
some. But they were so nice to us and we talked about the restoration
and how we can know through the Holy Ghost. It was great and we're
going back this week. We have high hopes for them!
One major part of missionary work for us is working with the less
active members. Recently we've started visiting with an older guy who
is a member and we're trying to help him come back to church. We also
found another fella who was baptized at 8 and pretty much never went
back to church. And now we're starting to work with him. So we get
to see some cool things happen. And when you see someone come back to
church after years and years, it's just amazing. It may not show up
on any baptisimal count or anything but it sure counts as something
very special to me.
I don't know if I've ever mentioned this in the past but a long time
ago when I was finishing up with Elder Farnsworth, we picked a name of
a person on the ward list that we didn't know and decided to stop by
her house. Well it turns out this girl had moved here pretty recently
and had not been active for quite some time. She had been diagnosed
with Lymes disease the year previous and that provided a huge stuggle
for her. Anyway, we started visiting her weekly and she started
coming back to church and just a couple weeks ago she went to the
temple and did her first endowment session in quite some time. It was
so neat. It's just another cool success I have gotten to see since
I've been here. The church is true!
This week we moved homes for the LAST time. All of our past homes
were very temporary but this one is finally the permanent residence
for the missionaries in the Plymouth ward. At least for a couple
years. Thank goodness. In fact, when I first got here we lived in a
home for 2 weeks until the ward could find a better place for us to
go. And now we are back in that same house. I love it. It is funny
to live there because transfers are in a week and a half. If I am
transfered I will have spent me first two weeks in Plymouth at this
house and my last two weeks in Plymouth at this house. I love it.
The best part is living here is giving me flashbacks to the first few
days of my mission. Wow. I love it. Can you believe that I left 7
months ago? Freaky.
Things are moving forward and the weather is so flipping awesome. It
has been very mild for the past month, except for a few rain storms.
But it's fantastic. Can't think of a better place to spend my summer!
Well, when I email you next week I'll know if I'm being transfered and
where I am going. What happened to this transfer? It went so fast!
I thought for sure we were going to see a baptism this transfer but I
guess the Lord had something else in store. I just pray that I did
what I was supposed to do here. But we still got another week to go!
Another week of miracles! Word.
I love you guys and love hearing from you! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Ruesch