November 3, 2011

October 31, 2011

Take the derivative of x^2 and multiply it by the hypotenuse of a 45
degree triangle and then add 1.34543 and finish by taking the
integral. Woo! It looks like that halloween party was so fun. I am
sad I had to miss it! I didn't even think about it until today when I
got your pictures. Everyone looks so nerdy! I would have just gone
as my unique little self. Ha ha.

Thanks for the package! I forgot to mention that last week. It is
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome! It was perfect. I haven't
had cheeto's my whole mission I think. I scarfed them down in 2
seconds. I forgot how good they really were. He he. Plus I always
love getting those mini cereal boxes and the email updates for my
friends. Thanks mom! And the best part of all was the coconut
cranola bars!!! Woo! By the way, where is Trevis serving on his
mission? I can't remember.

So this was a crazy cool week. I picked up my new home boy Elder
Cameron Mumford. He is CRAZY! It's hilarious. I really don't know
where his energy comes from. It will be 6:30 in the morning and I'm
trying to not die because I'm tired and he'll just burst out into song
of something random like Into the Woods or "Hide yo kids, hide yo
wife!" He is a thespian 100%. The epitome of thespian. It is
absolutely hilarious! He is from Dallas, Texas. He also went to Utah
State! In fact, he's pretty obsessed with Utah State. I love it. I
think he has at least 3 aggie shirts here with him and a pair of aggie
sweat pants. It's so funny. I thought I was obsessed with USU. I
guess not... Oh! We also have another cool connection. He was in my
friend Taylor Dolbin's ward back at USU. Taylor was his elder's
quorum president actually. I looked at old pictures of Elder Mumford
with long hair before the mission and he looks just vaguely familiar.
We had to have seen each other at one point! Super cool connection to
think about. He also knows a lot of the people that were in Out of
the Blue. Do you remember that group? It is the showchoir I was in
at USU. He wasn't in it but he knew a lot of my friends in it.
There's just connections all over the place! And now we are doing the
best thing ever serving as servants of the Lord together! Word. This
is going to be another fun transfer.

I think it is funny that I have had more companions that went to USU
than went to BYU. Elder Farnsworth is the only companion I had that
went to BYU but Elder Checketts and Mumford both went to USU.
Awesome. Way to represent!

We have had some hilarious experiences in the last 5 days. First off,
Elder Mumford totally BIFFED IT on his bike as he was pulling around
the corner. I have no idea how it happened but the back tire went out
from under him and fortunately he was going pretty slow. After he
fell, since he is an actor, he obviously has to put on a show and he
just naturally flapped his arms out and played dead on the street for
five seconds. It was obviously fake and I'll be honest I was laughing
really hard and this girl who was walking past came running over and
asked Elder Mumford if he was okay. By then he was embarrassed and
said yes and then biked off really fast. Oh man it was glorious.

The other funny story... Our apartment door has two locks. A dead
bolt and then a lock on the handle. Aparently, we don't have a key
for the handle lock and Elder Mumford accidentally locked it on our
way out. And so we came home for lunch after church and couldn't get
in the door. We called our apartment mananger but she didn't want to
answer since it was not office ours and the main office was closed.
Then we called the on call emergency people and they said they'd have
a locksmith guy call us to help us out. Did he call us? No. So how
were we going to get into the apartment? Well, we devised several
plans. We knew that the balcony door was unlocked and so we tried to
call someone in the ward that had a ladder but no one was answering or
getting back to us! The final options were to be spiderman and scale
the wall or get onto the roof and climb down to the balcony. Both
options were awesome. Scaling the wall was impossible and so we found
a hatch in the ceiling and I pushed Elder Mumford onto the roof. He
then pulled me up and we went over to the balconey. Unfortunately, it
was impossible to jump down from the roof. We would have had to swing
from the roof onto the balcony and it wasn't worth risking death. So
basically we were homeless for the whole day... Later that night we
Finally got in touch with a member who has a ladder and we got in. It
was great! But man it was the funnest adventure ever! So good!

So all my letters sound like all we do is have fun and don't actually
do missionary work. I guess I just like telling the highlights. But
I promise we are working hard! We are still working with ________.
His family still isn't supportive, and he really wants their support
in this. He is so solid though. He is just a rock and will be
baptized the second it is right. He's so awesome.

_______________ is doing great too! We'll be meeting with him
tonight. He has been to church three times in a row. He comes to
family home evening and all sorts of other activities. He is still
set for baptism on November 12th. We're excited!

We dropped our friend _____________. He was no longer progressing and
there was no point meeting with him anymore. It was fun while it
lasted though!

We got a new investigator we're teaching from the Uptown ward. He is
really knowlegable in the bible. He is really cool and has a lot of
potential. I think we'll see good stuff with him.

There is a guy that we taught just last week and he is super cool.
His personality reminds me a lot of myself except he's SUPER smart.
And we were walking around campus talking to people and we ran into
him and he invited us to dinner with him! It was cool. He is such a
smart kid and he has A LOT of concerns. It was cool though because
while we were eating with him one of his friends came over and sat
with us and then more friends came. It ended up that I continued the
talk with him and Elder Mumford and all the other kids about the
restoration. It was crazy cool! And now we have potential to keep
teaching a few of them. It was a miracle!

I really need to go. But I'm glad that I could make a longer email.
We are going to have an awesome transfer here in Dinkytown. I am
really excited. Halloween is going to be fun. All the missionaries
have to be in early tonight. Ha ha. It will be fun... It's a good
thing we don't really tract here in dinkytown. All we do is talk to
kids on campus.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Ruesch