November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

Hello there! I hope that you are all having an amazing thanksgiving! I love this holiday. It is so good to look back and remember how many things we really should be grateful for. Our Mission president challenged us in our prayers today to only express gratitude and not ask for anything. So far it has actually been very rewarding. I overlook so many blessings that I have and it's giving me a chance to refocus on what I should be grateful for.

This last week and a half has been intense! I was starting to get really tired by tuesday and wednesday this week because we hadn't had a P-Day. It's amazing to me how much I really need my P Day to rest. Missionary work is hard work!

I LOVE the ward that I serve in. The single adults here are SO GOOD at fellowshipping our investigators and making them feel loved and welcome. Maybe it's because a lot of them aren't too far home from their missions and they know how much it means to a nonmember when they have a friend at church other than the missionaries. Our investigator _________ is doing amazing. Some of the members call her and invite her to all the activities without us even knowing. It was so cool! She asked Elder Mumford to Baptize her and it was so exciting. He is pumped!! Her baptisimal date is set for December 17th and it's really solid. We're hoping all goes well! And it should.

Two mondays ago we met with ____________ and set some goals for things he wants to do before he gets baptized to find out it is true and we challenged him to pray to know if he should be baptized and what day it should happen on. We met later in the week and taught him Lehi's dream and it was really good. He also came to church. And then yesterday it was amazing! We met with him and he just seemed a lot happier. After talking for a while and getting into the lesson for a bit, he told us that he believes the Book of Mormon is true. He's been praying about when to be baptized and he thinks around Christmas time would be good for him! So we talked about December 17th also and he's going to check his schedule and let us know. It was another miracle! We're really excited for him. He also is very integrated into the ward. It's great!

We actually haven't met with ________________ for a few weeks, but we've talked to him on the phone several times. We're just going to pray really hard that we see a miracle with him! His testimony is crazy strong.

Cool Miracle!!!! Last week, we got a random call from a girl saying that she is less active and wants to come back to church and she wants us to visit her. That does not happen every day! So last week we met with her and had a great lesson about the atonement. And then this week we invited her to bring a friend with her to the lesson and she totally did! So we got her friend as a new investigator. So cool! Miracles!

Oh Yeah! Do you remember my buddy ______________? We just got a new investigator that is EXACTLY him. He looks, talks, and acts like him. It freaks me out because it seems like I'm just teaching my friend who is acting to be a nonmember. It's weird. Actually, it is kind of a miracle that we found him in the first place. We were out talking to people on campus and he was walking towards me. I was about to walk right past him and talk to the person behind him but he kept looking at me funny and so I quickly jumped over and started talking to him. I still can't explain how it happened. I know that the Spirit was pushing me to talk to him instead. We had a great conversation and then finally met up on Monday. It was a great lesson and we're meeting him again next week. I hope he gets baptized. Either way I really need to introduce him to ____________ someday. They are long lost twins.

We really have been so blessed here. We have some amazing things going on. This is the best ward! I love it.
I hope that I can stay here next transfer too but I feel like I'm probably going to be transfered. It's crazy. Oh and there is a chance that we might go to the temple next week for fun. If we do, then our P-Day will not be on monday. So expect am email on wednesday or thursday next week if you don't get one on monday.

I loved the pictures of beauty and the beast! It sounds like it was a hit! I can't wait to see the play on DVD eventually. The pictures looked killer diller awesome! I hope that you guys have an awesome thanksgiving and I love you so much! I'm thankful for you!
The church is totally true and it wont be too long before I get to skype with you again. I'm so pumped!

Love you!

Elder Ruesch