Well, I don't know if I have too much to say. So I guess I will sing
a song!
You've had a birthday shout hooray. Hooray!
We want to sing to you today.
One year older and wiser too.
Happy Birthday to you!!!!
Happy Birthday MJ! I hope you enjoy your lives and adults. You're
going to have to start being mature now. Good luck!
Also, I hope that Mother's Day was delightful for you all, especially
mom. It was sure fun talking to you. I had a good time!
Probably the biggest highlight of the week was the story I told you
about the solid referral we got from a member that goes to BYU. We
have high hopes to see great things happen with her! We'll see what
happens.
So the semester is officially over. Tear. I think that Summer
classes should be started pretty soon. But just walking around the
campus area today I am surprised at how many students are still
around. It is kinda weird but it works for me! There are still
people to work with, thank goodness. So with the end of the semester,
several students are leaving the ward for the summer and lots of BYU
students have come back. It is so funny to have so many changes in
the ward all the time. _______ moved back home to Southern
Minnesota. Hopefully he won't be facing too much opposition to him
going to church on Sunday and everything. He is doing SOOOO well and
he is already planning on serving a mission a year from now. That
will be so cool! Before we left for the summer we had a lesson with
him on important things to know before your mission. It was great.
Also, _________ went back to China for the summer. It is not very
likely that she will be able to go to church every week. She'll
probably be able to go once a month at the least. The Church actually
sent her a letter and told her that she can't proselyte at all in
China. She can't even talk about the church to anyone that isn't
close family or friends. Fortunately, there is an Area President guy
out there that she can contact to get the updates on all the church
stuff out there. So that will be interesting. I hope that all goes
well for her!
That is about it to be honest. Elder Truman and I are working with
several less active people. We have seen a good amount of success
recently with less active members coming back to church. It is super
great to watch them change and come back. There is one guy who is on
fire right now. He has changed a lot and is really humble and is
willing to do anything to get back into the church. There is another
guy who is really trying to quit cigarettes and hasn't smoked in two
weeks now. Both of these guys have a really sincere change going on
and are doing awesome. It is so fun to watch!
That's about it from me! The weather is SUPER nice outside. It is
almost too hot. But it feels great. We're about to begin the
miserable humid summer. Ug! I will enjoy the cooler stuff while I
can. Have a wonderful week! Especially, MJ you guys don't party too
hard!
Love,
Elder Ruesch