Holy Skaboley!
I have the news hot off the press! My time in the promised land of
Dinkytown has officially come to a close. Tear. I am being
transferred! It is funny to think that this is only the second time I
have been transferred my entire mission and I am almost a 16 month old
missionary. Weird! So I will be sent to a city called Rochester.
Not Rochester, New York. Rochester, Minnesota. It is actually a
pretty famous town in the Medical World because the whole city
revolves around this giant hospital called the Mayo Clinic. Rochester
is in southern Minnesota. From what I hear, it is about 2 hours south
of Minneapolis. The cool thing about Rochester is they call it
"Little Utah." Apparently, there are a lot of Mormons. It is a
relatively small city but there are 2 chapels and 5 wards down there.
Cool huh? So it is probably the city with the most dense Mormon
population in Minnesota. Everyone that I talk to that has served
there really loves it. So it makes me really excited to go down
there! My new companions name is Elder Last. He actually left for
Minnesota the same day as me and so we have been on a mission for the
same amount of time. I like Elder Last a lot. From what I know about
him, he is from Hurricane, Utah and he loves Basketball. I think he
went to Dixie state before his mission. He is a really cool elder.
We both started our missions in areas that were right next to each
other and stayed in them for a really long time. And then both of our
second areas were really long too. He has been in Rochester now for
three months. So our missions have paralleled each other quite a
bit. I was pumped when I hear that I was going to go serve with him.
It should be a lot of fun. But we will have a lot of work to do. We
will be the Zone Leaders for the Rochester Zone.
I received fantastic news yesterday. We went to a fireside at the
mission president's home and __________ was there! He got baptized in
Plymouth. Anyway, yesterday he recieved the Melchizedek Priesthood!
Word! I was so happy for him and he was really excited too. He is
doing so well. I love that guy!
The work is moving great again! Just in time for me to leave :( Ha
ha. I told you all about the girl who met the member and is meeting
with us. Well she is doing awesome! She came to church yesterday and
then she came with us to the Fireside last night. We met with her
this week too and it went pretty good. She is excited and I know it
wont be long before she gets baptized. I am excited for her.
By the way, ______________ who was baptized in December spoke at the
Fireside last night about her conversion story and it was awesome! I
loved it and she did an awesome job!
This week we also visited a girl who some Elders have been teaching
for a long time and she was going to a family ward but is now going to
come to the singles ward. She is not a member. So we went to meet
her and check her understanding and see where she is at. So we went
to the appointment, started chatting, and we asked her how long she's
been visiting with the missionaries. She said something like 5 months
and she was like, "So now I'm just learning the commandments so that I
can be baptized." Awesome! She is pretty solid and we are going to
set a date with her for her baptism this week. It will be very soon.
Yay! She is really cool
Things are going great again. I am really sad that I have to leave
the town of the Dinky. But it is for the best. It's time to baptize
some FAMILIES! Word. That is something that makes me really excited
and really nervous. It should be great though.
It sounds like MJ are having way too much fun! Congrats on all the
graduation stuff! It sounds like so much fun!
Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it!
Love,
Elder Ruesch
