Yo yo!
It has been a crazy week. But it was really cool. We first went to
Wisconsin on Tuesday. The drive from Rochester to La Crosse, WI is
about an hour and fifteen minutes. So it is pretty far away but it
was a beautiful drive. It was an eventful drive too. On the way over
a bird flew right into our windshield. Poor guy. We also got a flat
tire. But all was well and we made it there and back safely.
In that area of wisconsin they don't have anything like mountains but
they have some tall bluffs that are COVERED in trees and it is so
green. Super pretty! La Crosse is basically right across the border
from Minnesota to Wisconsin. Just past the Mississippi river. We had
a lot of fun. I got to spend the day out there with Elder
Gottfredson. Do you remember him? He is my old companion! He was
the last companion I had in Plymouth. So that was cool to spend a day
with him again.
The thing that stunk about this week was pretty much everything in our
own area went bad. Ha ha. We had a lot of appointments fall
through. But that isn't something that I am not used to.
If there is one thing that I have learned on my mission it is that I
HATE SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But really. I do. Everyone smokes and
it is so hard to break. I hate it.
We tracted into a guy two weeks ago and taught him this week. He is
such an awesome guy and has a really sad story. He way playing semi-
pro football for the team here in Rochester. And 4 years ago he saw a
drug deal and so the dealers assaulted him and beat him up hard core.
He ended up with a pretty bad brain injury and is now blind in his
right eye and has a hard time speaking. In our lesson he kept asking,
"Why me?" So we taught him about the atonement and the spirit was
strong. We will teach him more about the Book of Mormon and hopefully
we can help him to understand trials and rely on the Lord. He had
such a pure heart.
Something fun, there was a YSA conference down here this weekend and
so a bunch of the members from the Dinkytown Ward came down and I saw
a bunch of them. That was way cool. Party in Rochester!
Things are going well. We hope to see some more success this week!
If only people were more willing to commit to things. Don't they know
that it is for their good? Ha ha. Story of my life as a missionary.
Tell MJ to have a blast on Heritage Tours! And tell them that it is a
lot easier to bring up gospel conversations with people. I have high
expectations for them to do great missionary work while they are out
of Utah! I hope they give out a bunch of Book of Mormons!
And that is so rad that Ashley is in Minnesota. She will soon be
converted to this land just as I am. It is a glorious place!
Mom and Dad, sorry you are empty nesters. I still love you though!
Love!
Elder Ruesch