June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012

Fam fam!

It has been another adventurous week here in lovely Minnesota! I
rained a lot this week which kept things cool. But today is supposed
to be toasty. Somewhere in the 90's I believe and like 80% humidity.
So it begins. I honestly like the -20 degree weather better than the
really hot humid weather! Goodness! So I will be roasting like a hot
dog for the next 3 months. Ha ha.

Speaking of crazy weather, we had a crazy flash flood this week! We
were at a members house sitting on the back porch going over a plan
for her to fellowship our investigator when this super low, dark cloud
started creeping over the roof. It was creepy looking! Everything
got dark and it dropped like 10 degrees. So we finished our plans
with the member really quick and the sprinted to the car right as the
rain started DUMPING! It was an intense storm. But we had a lot of
fun in it. Thank goodness we have a car and weren't stuck on our
bikes! I think we got somewhere around 8 inches of water from that
storm. Cool stuff!

On to more important things. We had a super awesome lesson with this
investigator that missionaries have been teaching forever and made
little progress with. We invited her to be baptized. She almost
committed to it! But she compromised with us and committed to REALLY
read the Book of Mormon everyday and pray morning and night. She
never seriously committed to that and now she has. We'll see if she
keeps it!

Also, we met again with the family that I talked about two weeks ago.
They are such an amazing family! The mom and son had us over for
dinner and we answered a lot of their questions. They really are so
amazing. I love this family so much and I hope they continue to
progress! You can tell that they are close to the spirit because
they will say things that we never say but they know are true. In the
lesson the son said something like, "We should read the Book of Mormon
together as a family each night and then we can go read on our own and
pray about it." And the mom was totally on board and thought it was
an awesome idea. Of course for a family that is learning about the
church, there isn't anything much better that you can do. The son has
already read through Mosiah in the BoM. I am so excited about them!

There is sad new too :( Our investigator that is trying to quit
smoking totally disappeared. It is so strange! No one has seen him
at his house in over a week and he hasn't gone to his work or
anything! We're worried about him. We have no idea what happened.

So we're having our ups and downs with investigators. We have high
hopes for the people we're working with and to find more people to
teach! Rochester is going to baptize like crazy very very soon. I
can just feel it!
Happy fathers day to everyone. Hopefully, it was a happy one.

Love,

Elder Ruesch