Well howdy hey,
I can't believe that MJ are moved to college right now! I wanted to
cry reading everyone's emails because they all seem so sad. ;( But
hey! It's life. Life goes on. It is a happy time too! It's much
better to go through the home sickness now than on the mission, that's
for sure. And there are so many great things ahead!
Wow! This has been a great week. I successfully got my new
compaion. Elder Carter is AWESOME! I have served around him a lot
and we already get along with each other really well. The one down
side of getting along with your companion so well is we get distracted
really easily. We'll be doing companionship study in the morning and
we'll get talking about some tangent and totally lose focus. Ha ha.
We'll have to work on that.
Elder Last and I spent Monday and Tuesday visiting investigators and
members to teach one last time before he headed out. Wednesday
morning he was headed up north and that afternoon I got Elder Carter.
As soon as Elder Carter got here we decided we were going to baptize
everyone in Rochester and so we got to work. And it has been great!
We've already seen so many miracles. We were tracting a street one
afternoon and we met a Lost Sheep! For those of you who don't know, a
lost sheep is a member who went less active and then moved and so no
one knows where they are and so their records just sit in the old ward
and wait till someone finds this person. So we knocked on this door
and we introduced ourselves and the lady was like, yeah I was baptized
6 years ago. Woah! That doesn't happen very often. Ha ha. So we
set up an appointment to come over and we are now helping her come
back and her mom isn't a member and we are teaching her now too. So
cool! They are from the south. In fact, they came to church
yesterday. That was awesome.
Another awesome miracle. We had two lessons set up yesterday after
church that were with two new families we had met. Well during the
day both of them cancelled and we were really bummed. But we had a
goal to teach a certain amount of investigator lessons this week so we
prayed and put our heads together about who we could visit. Well it
turns out we had gotten a referral a week ago for a girl who wanted a
cd of the Nauvoo Pageant. We dropped by many times but they were
never home. So we decided to try again. We called her and she told
us we could come over that night! So we called a member who just
graduated high school and she came over with us. We ended up teaching
her the restoration and gave her a book of mormon. It was so neat!
It was exactly what the Lord wanted us to do too because the girl was
leaving for college tomorrow! And if our lessons hadn't fallen
through yesterday we would never have been able to teach this girl.
I was so excited this morning because I realized that you had all met
Aiko! Thanks for helping her out! You guys are the best. I am
definitely mad at you though for not taking a picture! You can redeem
yourself this week though by sending me one when you see her again.
We're working hard! We are working with a lot of awesome people.
They all have their challenges though. It is so crazy! Ug. Patience
is such a difficult attribute. Speaking of attributes, I had to give
a talk on Diligence in the second ward this week. I learned a lot.
There are so many things I need to work on!
The weather is amazing now. We're on the brink of fall. I heart
Minnesota.
Love you all!
-Elder Ruesch