February 28, 2011

Feb. 28th email

Hi family,

This week went very well. I can't say that it was as crazy eventful
as last week but that is okay, I'm actually glad that it wasn't. It
was still a good successful week though. We actually ended up
teaching the family (the really solid, awesome family of five) three
times this week. They are so cool. I love them to death. They love
having us over and we always have great lessons because they like to
discuss with us a lot. Whenever we come for an appointment they are
all already sitting in the living room waiting for us with their Books
of Mormon ready in their hands. They don't even give us time to ring
the doorbell because they watch for us to come and then open the door
before we even get to it. It's so cool. We also taught them about
the Word of Wisdom this week and even though they already don't drink
or smoke, they drink coffee and tea. But once we taught them they
were just like: "Dang. But okay." Ha ha and they gave up everything
right then. So cool! They also came to church yesterday. In fact,
they came 45 minutes early! It was crazy. But the ward here in
Plymouth is so awesome and everyone went and introduced themselves to
the family and showed them where to go and were super welcoming. This
family is definitely what we call a kingdom builder family. They've
also said that they are really excited about their baptism! And it's
not too far off, just three weeks away :) (March 19th)

We also did meet with another couple this week. They are a nice
couple that is very excited to be baptized. We gave them a church
tour and then taught the Restoration. It went well and I felt the
spirit. We then invited them to be baptized and they said
absolutely. They ended up not being able to come to church yesterday
but we'll meet with them again this week and hopefully things will go
well.

Yesterday I was also thinking about Michael and Carnegie Hall. It was
fun to think, "He is performing right now." That was fun. I hope
that it went really really well! I bet you have been having a party
in the good ol' New York. Except I'm sad to hear about the Adam's
family! That is a major bummer.

I saw the Pride and Prejudice poster and it looks LEGIT! Totally
awesome. Jonny boy, I wish I could come see you perform. I bet it
will be awesome. Rock that audiences socks off!

I got your letters! And by the way, I totally forgot to tell you last
week. Just send all my mail to the mission home. They want all the
mail to go through them and they just forward it to me. And if you
ever send a package, don't use FedEx. They wont forward packages.
Just send them through UPS or through the US Mail.
Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Sorry it is a little early. I hope you
have a great birthday. It should be fun I'm sure! March 3 is when
Elder Farnsworth and I move into our more permanent appartment in a
different member's home. That will be fun.

And Dad asked if I like getting letters or email. Both are great.
Getting letters is fun and so is getting emails. Just as long as I
hear what is going on at home! Oh and tell Mike Armatage I wish the
best for him.

I've been staying warm and everything is great! I am learning and
learning and I am having tons of fun. Thanks for your love and
support and I will send another email next week! And thanks for your
prayers.

Love you so much!
Elder Morgan Ruesch