I have officailly completed one full week at the MTC. I only have
nine days left! Time fly's like crazy.
Excellent news. I got my travel plans this week in the mail and my
flight it on Wednesday, the 16th. I'm trying to remember but I think
my flight is at 8ish. I have to report to the travel office at 5 AM.
Bleh. But I guess that will be okay because I can just sleep on the
plane. It's better than the last group that left, they had to be at
the travel office by 3 AM. There will be twelve of us on the flight
over to Minnesota. And I think I have met all of them. There are two
Sisters and the rest are Elders. From what I have seen of them they
all seem pretty cool. Which means the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission
is going to be the best one in the world!
Thanks for the letters and the packages! Ashley, the cookies were
delish. And the goodies with the other package were awesome too. The
Gooch's also sent me a package with chips and salsa in it. It was
super nice of them! So I am going to mail them a thank you letter.
Also, the shirt from Mr. Mac finally came this week.
Funny thing: I get all stressed out when I write these emails because
I want to type everything so fast but then I looked over at my friend
in my district who has a broken arm and can only type with one hand.
I guess I should be thankful. Count your blessings!
Anyway, I was thinking of a few things I was wondering you could
send. A nice ear band for warmth would be nice like we were talking
about. Then I could keep be ears warm without making my hair go
crazy. Also, I was wondering if maybe you could send me my old
scriptures that are in the drawer next to my bed. THere have been a
few times were I wanted certain markings or scripture chains and stuff
but they were in my old scriptures. So I have been wanting to copy
some of the things in it over to my quad. I don't know if that will
be a pain or not. It isn't a super big deal if it is a lot to send
them.
This week my companion and I got baptisimal commitments out of both of
our "investigators" (teachers). You might say that they are just
going easy on us and maybe that is true. But we have worked really
hard and we actually have had the spirit really strong in our
lessons. So I feel good about these commitments. We still need to
work them through some things before they are baptised but we do have
a date to work towards! Oh boy, I'm nervous about when I have to
teach real people.
Elder Hatch and I are slowly but surely learning. The last lesson we
taught to Mike we had planned to teach about repentance and the word
of wisdom but the lesson went totally different. We ended up teaching
about recieving answers to prayers and the purpose of going to church
and the blessings that come from it. It was so awesome! The lesson
was totally guided by the spirit and it was so neat.
It's been a crazy week of teaching a lot but it has flown by. Only
one more week and I'm pretty much out of here! I hope your lives are
wonderful. Mine is!
Love,
Elder Morgan Ruesch