My first holiday as a missionary! Yay! It's been funny to watch the last few days because the amount of packages coming into the MTC has multiplied by like ten. When I went to pick up mine there was a line the size of a T-Rex to get it. And yes, I got the two packages you sent me. Thanks so much! They are wonderful. Also, thanks to Ashley for the package as well. I also got a package from Lauren and another from Tamara/Robbie. Five packages this week! Talk about an awesome life. Thanks for all of your love.
You guys, I'm totally on a mission right now! It's so awesome. And it is weird to think about. But I love it! All of my work at the MTC is now complete :) We taught our last pretend lesson on Saturday night and now all I have to do is just survive a couple more classes and life will be good. Every Tuesday night there is a general authority who comes and speaks at our devotional and hopefully tomorrow is an apostle. It's my last chance!
I am so excited to go out into the field. It is going to be an awesome adventure. There are twelve missionaries total flying to Minnesota this Wednesday. The flight is at 8:30 so expect a call anytime after 7:30 I would say. Hopefully that phone number works. And if not, I've also been told that some pay phones will take credit cards now. We will make it work somehow. I can't wait to talk to you.
So this week at the MTC was pretty successful. Elder Hatch and I officially got released as Zone Leaders yesterday. It was so fun to serve with that assignment. I loved it! It definitely made the MTC much more fun. The MTC is definitely filled with it's ups and downs though. I'm trying SO hard to learn to recognize the voice of the spirit when it is guiding me to teach but it is really difficult. So sometimes I get frustrated and disappointed when a lesson doesn't go well or I just can't seem to hear it. I did have a great experience on Thursday though. We were doing this thing where we practice teaching a couple lessons to the district below us and they teach us also. I was paired with a sister in the district below. Well I started teaching and somehow stuff just went well while I taught. Really well actually. Some would say it was luck. But no! It was totally the Lord. At that moment I learned a lot about what the Lord means when he says it shall be given us in the very moment what ye shall say. And I didn't even realize how guided by the spirit that lesson was until after the lesson was over. The church is true.
Another cool story! Every week the departing district does a musical number in sacrament meeting. So our district decided to sing We'll Bring the World His Truth (Army of Helaman). Anyway, every time we practiced during the week we sounded like dying animals. Lets just say that some of my district isn't very musically inclined. I wasn't really worried about the number because there's only 30ish people in our branch and if we embarrassed ourselves it wouldn't be a terrible thing. But the Lord didn't want that for us! We got up to sing and the piano started. Then we all come in and by some magical force we all sounded good! And I swear to you, there were voices coming from behind me when we started. Voices coming from people that weren't there. It was the coolest experience! There are angles all over this place and you can just feel it. The spirit is always here. It's amazing!
Well i can't wait to fly out on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!! I have learned more here at the MTC than I ever imagined I would. I love it here and am kinda sad to leave but I can't wait to get out into the field! This is the greatest work any person could be a part of. I am so blessed that I get to take part in it. I have a huge responsibility as a missionary but with the Lord I know I can get it done. What a wonderful experience it is to be on a mission. I love you all and miss you tons! Next time I email you I'll be in the field.
Love,
Morgan