Plymouth ward. He got baptized on Saturday at 4:00. It was such a
neat thing. He was SO excited for it and just loved every moment of
it. It was amazing to see the glow in his face. The church is true!
There were quite a few people there too and a few sets of missionaries
brought their investigators and that was very powerful. It was just
awesome. This made the last week REALLY good.
Other than that the week was really just average and on the verge of
not so great. After doing everything that we possibly could, we still
didn't get any investigators to church (other than _________ of
course). Not cool. It can be so frustrating sometimes. It is
seriously one hour of the week and three hours at the most. Does it
have to be that hard? This gives me a good perspective. I think of
what Heavenly Father feels so often about each of us when we do our
daily stupid things. He's probably like, "Seriously? C'mon. I know
that you know better. Now stop being ridiculous and follow what I
tell you!" Ug. Oh well. We can only do our best and love the
people. Things will work out eventually. I hope.
Unfortunately, all of the investigators we have right now have quite a
few life obstacles to overcome before any of them could get baptized.
I'm so glad that I can be here to help them get past it and everything
but it is hard also because missionaries are only in an area for a
short time. So we're going to make the most of what we can. We are
really trying to focus on finding new investigators too so that we can
see hopefully a few more baptisms in Plymouth in the next few months.
As of right now things aren't looking so good for baptisms. But don't
you worry! The Lord will provide.
___________ is doing well. We might not end up passing her over to
the other missionaries because she is moving this summer and so there
wouldn't be much of a point. Right now we are really trying to help
her out with the Word of Wisdom and finding out that the Book of
Mormon is true so that she can make closer steps to baptism. As of
right now she would like to get baptized but obviously has a lot more
to learn and work on.
The _______ family is slowly, very slowly moving forward. Someday I
hope things start moving faster! If only they would just come to
Church!
The other day we had something cool. We were tracting and got talking
to this lady and ended up teaching her the entire restoration on the
doorstep! That doesn't happen everyday. Unfortunately, she said she
wanted to go and research on her own before she ever would meet with
us. It was a bummer. Oh well. The seed is planted.
Oh yeah! My first crazy food experience! There is a family in our
ward who is from Taiwan. Well actually the wife is from Taiwan and
the husband served his mission there. Anyway, they eat a dish there
called the thousand year old egg. It is like this egg that they have
stored and fermented sort of and it turns black. Ha ha. Of course
it's not actually a thousand years old but it is old. I guess this
family has a tradition that they have all of the missionaries eat it
that come over. The texture was really weird but I thought it tasted
pretty good. They must have gone easy on us and prepared it so it was
tasty for us. But it was the first weird thing I've eaten since I've
been out here! I hope it is the first of many to come.
Drunk people are hilarious. We got caught talking to these two drunk
kids that were roller blading the other day and they were just crazy.
Talk about embarrassing yourself. They really had problems and it was
hilarious. And of course they were roller blading. Because that is
the cool thing to do in Minnesota. Ha ha. Awesome.
Well, no recent tornadoes but there is a severe weather warning
today. Pretty great. Oh yeah, and Happy Memorial Day! I hope that
the Ruesch party was fun even if it was raining. Sounds like Utah is
really having weird weather! Minnesota has been kinda weird too but
not super unusual. Utah is just crazy.
Congrats Michael! That is so awesome that you got that internship! I
am totally jealous. Sounds like you are getting a good start on your
way to finding the cure to cancer. Nice work!
And congrats to Ashley too on getting that article published! Word.
I'm so proud of my genius family. I can't wait to get the Nobel Prize
someday :) Just kidding.
Other than ___________ it hasn't been the most eventful week. But
that is okay. His baptism makes up for a million uneventful weeks.
He is just the coolest guy in the whole world! It was so interesting
to talk to him about his journey to the church. 10 years ago he
actually went through the temple open house of the St. Paul Temple.
He also had missionaries come over to his house a few times and they
helped him clean his house and everything. They never really taught
him but did service. So cool! This was before he ever even met the
Smith's in this ward or anything. The Lord's plan is just so amazing.
I think I will sign off for now. Till next week! Thanks for all of
your love and support!
Much Love,
Elder Ruesch