few months. Right after I finished talking to you guys president
called and told me that I will be training in a new missionary here in
Plymouth. Crazy. I might die and explode. But it is going to be
really fun and super intense too. I love Plymouth and there really is
no better ward for a new missionary to start his mission at. Whoever
my companion is, he will be well taken care of by the people in the
Plymouth ward. That brings up an interesting point. I have no idea
who my companion is. On thursday all the trainers will go to the
mission office and we will sit in a room with the new missionaries and
President will tell us then who our companion is. Pretty cool. I'm
excited.
It was so awesome to talk to you all yesterday! It's a good thing we
have technology because it was THE BEST to see all of your faces.
Skype is awesome. And since we chatted for so long I don't really no
what to say in my email. It will probably be shorter today. But
that's alright.
By the way, Elder Farnsworth is being sent over to Wanona, Wisconsin.
President likes to give him really difficult challenges to do. It's
funny. So he'll be sent in there with a missionary that has been out
for 6 weeks and they will white wash the area. To white wash means to
be sent into an area at the same time as your companion. So the two
missionaries that were there get transfered out and two brand new ones
come it. This is incredibly difficult to do because you and your
companion have no idea about anything that is going on in the area.
Tough stuff. But Elder Farnsworth will be fine. He has one transfer
left and so he is going to push really hard and I bet he'll baptize
there before he goes home.
As for the area, things are going pretty good. We are having a
difficult time getting hold of _______ still and if we can't get in
contact with him today then we'll probably have to delay his baptism.
That would be sad so let's hope that doesn't happen. I don't know why
but he just has the hardest time answering his phone. And the funny
thing is we know he isn't avoiding us either. Everyone has a hard
time getting ahold of him. It can provide frustration sometimes. But
things will be okay!
We had no investigators at church yesterday. That was not fun. The
_______ family were supposed to come but they didn't make it.
However, we have still been in good contact with them and they are
still doing pretty well. _____ actually read some of the BoM. That
was surprising. We have two appointments with them this week and
we'll see how they go!
Oh I don't think I told you guys about _______ yesterday. She is
awesome. A few weeks ago we tracted into her and taught her a lesson
right on the spot. Unfortunately, she then went out of town and we
weren't able to meet with her for a while. But this week we did get
the chance to meet with her on Friday and Saturday. It was great.
She is very smart and well studied of the Bible and is very interested
in learning what we believe. We have had some great discussions with
her and she understands everything really well. The coolest thing is
that she wants to keep meeting with us often and so we have an
appointment tonight as well. It is excellent. She smokes A LOT
though and so I think that will be the biggest struggle for her if she
decides to be baptized. She'll be fine though. Anyone can give it up
if they trust the Lord.
Well, things are crazy. I can't believe that I am already done
serving my first three months in the field. It has gone too fast.
But I love it here! I'll be honest, I am really nervous about running
this area by myself for a while. Hopefully I get a prodigy new
missionary and things work out really well. I'm sure whatever happens
it will be awesome. Times are changing! It is weird. But Hey! I
just realized that I will be able to see the Ford's when they come out
here for the summer most likely. That would be so sweet. It is
nearly certain that I will be staying in Plymouth for another 3 months/
2 transfers since that is how long the new training program is. Crazy
stuff!
I hope you had a Happy Mother's day mom!
Thanks for all of your prayers and support. I am going to need all
the help I can get!
Love you!
-Elder Ruesch