Woo! It is cold outside. It sounds like Utah has been way more manly than Minnesota recently, but Minnesota is starting to show it's true self now. I think it is -4 degrees outside with like a -20 windchill. It is the wind that is the killer! On friday we had winds up to 30 miles per hour. COLD! But it is awesome. Fortunately, we aren't always on the bikes. Members drive us around to appointments often so we aren't always biking in the cold. Thank goodness!
This week was funny. We had interviews with President Clements on Thursday. My interview was a total of 45 seconds. He pretty much said, well I'll be seeing you in two weeks! Ha ha. Ridiculous. But it was funny. The real interview is coming soon. Ha ha.
The work has been getting really interesting lately. There are only about 1000 Nepali Refugees in Minnesota and so you can imagine that at some point we would run out of people. Well, that is kinda happening now. We know so many of the people in this population. And the funny thing is that this isn't like working with Americans, so even if we talk to a family that isn't interested they still invite us inside and feed us and get to know us. So we've gotten to know a lot of people. I've been keeping a good record of everyone we met though because a lot of the people that aren't interested now will be interested in the future. And when you only have 1000 people to work with you have to keep going back to the same people eventually. Ha ha. Needless to say, we have had to be pretty creative in how we use our time when we don't have appointments. It's been fun.
When you come on a mission the analogy is that you are "born" and so your trainer is your mission "father." Well, in the opposite sense, the day of my "death" is quickly approaching. And with that day approaching everyone around me has been making WAY to many jokes. It's funny but a little old too. Ha. Yesterday all the members in our missionary coordination went off on these jokes about marriage to me. Oh goodness. The good news is that I'm starting to accept the fact that I am leaving and am getting a little more excited to start a new life chapter. It's hard to go when you have put so much of your heart into this work here for two years. But I know that it's the time so things will be fine.
Yesterday we took an investigator to a fireside. The fireside was amazing and our investigator loved it. It was a little tender mercy for me because there were a lot of people there and I was able to see people I met in every area I have served in. I met people from Plymouth, Dinkytown, and even Rochester. It was nice to be able to say goodbye. And I realized then that I shouldn't be sad about leaving but I should be happy about all of the amazing experiences I have been able to have. And celebrate that! It was a nice moment for me. Missions are a happy thing! So it was a nice revelation.
I need to skidoodle. I'm seeing you soon enough anyway. I am excited to make this week an amazing week! Hopefully, we baptize at least 100 people before it's done. :)
Love you!
-Elder Ruesch
P.S. Can someone please get me a job? :)