January 29, 2013

January 28, 2013

Holy Smokes!  I can't believe the day is fast approaching!  Pretty soon I will have to be responsible again!  Yuck.

I've been feeling all sorts of crazy emotions this week sad, happy, excited, nervous, and everything in between.  It has been a fun ride here in Minnesota.  I am happy to say that I gave the Lord my all.  I did my very best and although I made many mistakes, I have no regrets.  That is a great blessing to me.  I have sure learned a lot!  Serving the Lord as a full-time missionary has been the most valuable experience of my life.  I've never worked harder and I've never been happier.

Here are some of the most important things that I have learned (there are many more too):

-What it means to trust in God.
-Heavenly Father LOVES His children and is aware of them.
-God requires us to sacrifice all things to Him, and then he makes our life better than we ever could have on our own.
-The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to be happy.
-God keeps his promises.
-This is truly the Lord's Church and His work.
-Other than God, family is the most important!

Thank you to everyone that has been supporting me throughout these last two years.  I really appreciate your love.

This morning we got the call about transfers and guess who is coming to be with Elder Shrestha?  Elder Mumford!  Ha ha.  I think that is so funny!  So he will be taking my place when I leave.  He will do awesome.  He and Elder Shrestha are going to have so much fun!

Yesterday we went around to people and said goodbye and it was so sad!!  Ha ha.  One amazing lady had made a wonderful scarf for me.  And they all asked me when I will be coming back.  It makes me want to come back next week!  I am going to miss this place.  I love Minnesota.  The way I feel about Minnesota is explained very well in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 18:30:
30 And now it came to pass that all this was done in Mormon, yea, by the waters of Mormon, in the forest that was near the waters of Mormon; yea, the place of Mormon, the waters of Mormon, the forest of Mormon, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever.
The people who were taught be Alma and baptized in the Waters of Mormon came to know the place of Mormon as a beautiful place because it is where they came to the knowlege of their redeemer.  My feelings are the same about Minnesota.  It is a beautiful place.

One other cool thing was we had an exhange with the Zone Leaders this week and so I got the chance to spend a day in Dinkytown one last time.  That was super great.  And we had an amazing day!  We taught several lessons to some solid investigators.  And a member brought her friend to dinner with her and we were able to teach him too!  That was sweet. Dinkytown is the BOMB!

Well tonight will be my last night proselyting.  Tomorrow morning I go to the Mission Home for my final interview and all the going home missionaries go to the temple with President and Sister Clements and then we spend the night in the Assistant's apartment and we fly out the next morning.  I get to see Elder Last again!  He goes home with me too.  As does Elder Hatch (of course) who was my MTC companion.  I am excited to see them again.

See you on Wednesday!  Have a wonderful couple of days!

Love you all!

-Elder Ruesch